Copyright 1995 Consultron
CrossMAC is an Amiga software product allowing you to read and write Mac formatted disks directly from Amiga. It fully integrates itself into the Amiga operating system allowing your Mac formatted disks to be accessed from virtually any utility or application.
A properly configured CrossMAC device will allow you to access any file on an Mac formatted disk from any Amiga application. Imagine creating a TIFF graphics file on your Mac and bringing it over to your Amiga to convert it to IFF graphics. Other file types that can be exchanged include databases, spreadsheets, language compilers and CAD programs, to name a few.
Mac formatted disks (HFS) are supported with following hardware:
- Low-density, 800K floppies with either the Amax cartridge and a Mac 800K drive or the Amax II plus/Amax IV cards and standard Amiga floppies.
- High-density, 1.44M floppies with an Amiga-compatible high-density drive.
- Hard drives with the appropriate Amiga hard drive controller.
- Mac HFS-formatted CD-ROMs with the appropriate Amiga hard drive controller.
Quasi-Mac formatted disks (HFS) are supported with the standard Amiga hardware:
- Low-density, Amax 800K floppies.
- Low-density, Emplant 800K floppies.
- Amax and Emplant hard drive partitions.
- Support of both Mac data and resource ‘forks’ as separate files.
- Amiga Mac translation of international text characters.
- Disk changes are sensed automatically (if the drive provides the proper hardware signal).
- Mac icons automatically displayed under Workbench.
- Utilities to format, copy and check the integrity of Mac disks.
- File salvation utility to try to recover files from a corrupted Mac disk.
- Transparent support of MacBinary files.
- Not copy protected.
Amiga OS 2.0 or greater.
512k Commodore Amiga 500, 1000 or 2000 Computer or better.