DPS PAR Personal Animation Recorder for
Commodore Amiga 2000, 3000(T), 4000(T)
Click on thumbnails for larger more detailed views.
Personal Animation Recorder (PAR Card)
Some of the many features of the Personal Animation Recorder are:
Copyright 1993-95 DPS-Digital Processing Systems, Inc.
The Personal Animation Recorder (or PAR, for short) is a revolutionary tool for computer animators. Used in conjunction with your Amiga computer and animation rendering software, it eliminates the need for a single-frame videotape recorder and controller, while giving you real-time playback of full resolution (752x480, 16 million colors, 30 frames per second) animation sequences.
PAR is actually three tools in one: an animation record/playback deck, a real-time video capture deck for rotoscoping, and a still store with stunning access speed and storage efficiency. Commonly used with Newtek Video Toaster 2000/4000.
- Accepts animation frames directly from rendering program
- Copies existing image files from Amiga disk drive
- Compatible with IFF, Targa, SGI or Video Toaster Framestore files
- Switchable filter to prevent chrominance aliasing from IFF files
- Project organizer for image and animation files
- Real time video capture with variable frame rate, and still grabs
(when used with TBC-IV card, not supplied)
- Animation editing features: join, split, duplicate, ping-pong, reverse, etc.
- General Purpose Interface for triggered playback from edit controller
- Variable speed playback
- Genlockable video outputs with variable timing
- Video output formats: composite NTSC, S-VHS, Betacam or MII
- Direct access to TBC-IV control screen
Comes with copy of Manual, 8gb Seagate ST310014ACE 40pin IDE Harddrive,
- High-capacity hard drive dedicated to Personal Animation Recorder. (INCLUDED)
- Amiga 2000, 3000, or 4000 with:
- A hard drive with at least 250 Kbytes available for PAR software
- At least 1.2 Mbytes of system memory available to PAR
- Workbench 2.0 or higher
- Animation rendering software such as LightWave 3D, Cinema4D, Aladdin4D, Imagine, etc.
- Video monitor and VCR
- Optional: Digital Processing Systems TBC-IV card, if you are using your PAR card for video capture
40pin 2-Connector IDE ribbon cable, 50pin PAR to DPS TBC-IV Cable, PAR Card,
BNC to BNC Cable for PAR to DPS TBC-IV, BNC T-Connector, 2 BNC to RCA Adaptors,
6' RCA to RCA Cable, Rear port Label Sticker, copy of Latest v2.55 Install Disk,
copy of v2.10 Install Disk for Vampire users.
Comes with everything needed to attach to a DPS TBC-IV for video capture.
(TBC-IV not included)
If you need any more cables or BNC connectors, you can find some here:
RCA Cables and BNC Connectors
All Tested in Excellent Working Condition and
Guaranteed Against DOA!
Back to Amiga Video Toaster